Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome
Friday, May 30, 2008
What Is Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome?
1. Ectopic pregnancy or pregnancy (well known risk of tubals)
1a. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling, chills
2. Bouts of rapid heart beat
4. Mood swings, sudden tears
5. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
6. Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
7. Loss of libido
8. Dry vagina
8a. Itchy vagina-at times raw like, can radiate from whole area, with absence of yeast infections.
8b. Color change in vaginal area. (color gets darker - purple/black)
9. Crashing fatigue
10. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
11. Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
12. Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
13. Disturbing memory lapses
14. Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
14a.Prolapse of uterus due to rapid decreases in estrogen levels.
15. Itchy, crawly skin
16 Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
17. Increased tension in muscles
18. Breast tenderness
18a. Decrease in breast mass
19. Headache change: increase or decrease
20. Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
21. Sudden bouts of bloat
23. Exacerbation of existing conditions
24. Increase in allergies
25. Weight gain
26. Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
27. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
28. Changes in body odor
29. Electric “shock” or “stabbing” sensation under the skin.
30. Tingling in the extremities
31. Gum problems, increased bleeding
32. Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
33. Osteoporosis (after several years)
34. Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier.
I personally suffer from more than half of these symptoms. Some of them happen only when my monthly cycle is either due, or arrives, and some of them can happen at random without warning. There are some days, typically the first couple of days when my period arrives, where I can barely make it out of bed because the pain and cramps are so severe. Yet my regular Doctor told me these were normal after a Tubal, and that I had nothing to worry about. When I went back to him a year later because the symptoms hadn't lessened, he told me it was "All in my head."
If you know of anyone who appears to be suffering from some of these symptoms, and they've had a Tubal Ligation, point them in this direction, or better yet, print this post out and show it to them. For those ladies who are considering a Tubal Ligation - don't do it! You will regret it for the rest of your life!